for making an HTML file for BGT
The instructions below assume the writer has downloaded NVU, a free
editor based on the Gecko Code. The NVU
for most computer platforms. I like this editor because, using the
directions below, it creates very clean and easy to read code.
I use this page as a template for a report. It begins with a
style statement setting all the text to Arial and the text color to
black. This is what I do:
- Open the page and begin writing.
- At the end of paragraphs, use either <shift><enter> or
<enter> (This is much better than the Frontpage Editor which
- Write to the end of the report and then correct spelling, grammar,
and content issues.
- Optional: Select the title and center it if desired, even change the
color to red or blue if desired. (Most other colors do not upload to
- Save htm file
- Upload to test folder.
For people that want to include a picture, the simple instructions are:
- Save the picture so that it is smaller than 100 kb in size
- Insert the picture in the text at the appropriate spot.
- Remember to enter an alternate text (not doing so will generate a BGT
- Optional: Center the picture:
Getting more and more fancy is possible, but becomes difficult quickly.
I usually point out the SG guidance which encourages simple clean html
files instead of any competition to have very cool formatting.